1. First, let’s start with how you should be dressing when you’re in your 20’s. So if you’re in your 20’s, like me, you are in what I like to call the sweet spot. Typically, you’re probably still single, usual fewer responsibilities; you probably have more time on your hands. Which overall gives you a lot of flexibility when it comes to your aesthetic and what is deemed acceptable and keeps in mind that most brands cater to this age group, so there’s a wide range of styles and fits out there for you? But this is still the right time to start investing in staples. You are starting to get older and you will be maturing very soon, so you need at least one good pair of leather shoes. Again, you’re getting older you’re going to need at least one good sharp suit, at least a good pair of denim. You’re also going to want a great watch. These are items where you do want to spend a little bit more because you’re going to be wearing it probably in your 30’s and even your 40’s, if it’s a great timeless piece. A good example is this watch from our sponsor from Original Grain.
It’s affordable enough that almost any guy can cop and the minimal clean aesthetic works with all these styles are going to be composing. Like I said, your styles are going to be ranged in a lot during this age group. This is where you’re trying to find what works best for you, what you feel more confident in. Well, a watch like Original Grain will work with almost any style from the simple T-shirt, in the street style look, for the dapper look. That’s the great thing of a minimal timepiece. But the great thing about Original Grain and why I think it should be on every guy’s radar is that it’s super unique. Especially if you’re younger, you’re going to want a timepiece that doesn’t look like anything your grandpa would wear. These timepieces are a hundred percent unique; I’m telling you right now you probably won’t find one of your friends wearing this timepiece. But regardless, most guys don’t know of wooden watches.
You, however, you do and it’s a great time to invest in one to set your watch collection apart from the rest. This watches even though it has wood in it, I could still wear the suit and I still look sharp. The coolest part about that wood is that my watch is one of one. The wood grain is completely unique and you can never replicate it. It’s natural so when you buy yours, that means your watch completely unique as well. So if you guys want to check them out they have a huge selection when it comes to their series. They have everything from their Barrel collection, to their minimalist collection, to their Chronograph, to their Brew master. There’s going to be a style out there for you and there’s always something different that you can choose from. To see what works best, again with your style that you’re developing as you’re in this age group.
2. Now, let’s talk about how you should dress as if you’re in your 30’s. So now the time has flown by and you have the maturity and wisdom under your belt. You spend your 20’s experimenting with your style so you already know what looks ridiculous and what looks great and gets you the most compliments. However, the great thing is that you probably still have youth and composure in your age group. Which means you can still experiment with the new trends that are coming up, in synchronization with what you already know works best for you. What I do recommend is to avoid the ones that may seem too childish or too hype beast it might seem out of place in your age group. This is a time where you should also invest more in suits. In your 20’s, you probably only had one good suit. Now the more the merrier, you also want to develop a personal uniform. Now you could probably be married, you could probably have kids, you could probably have a job. Which means your time is limited, so now it’s perfect an optimal time to develop a personal uniform. You know what works best for you, you know what gets you the most compliments, which means buying items that fit that aesthetic and wear that all the time.
3. Finally, the last age group; let’s talk about 40’s and just middle-aged men. By this time, your styles like a fine wine, it gets better with age. You no longer have to deal with the fluff of trends. You stick to the classics that you know look good, always. The two things you want to really focus on though are fit and color palette.
- You probably don’t look as trim and as composed as you did. Which means fit will be an important key factor. You want to make sure your clothes fit so well with your body silhouette that it makes you look younger, it makes you look more fit.
- The second thing that I talked about being color palette. To keep your wardrobe refresh and not wear the same thing all the time, you can still look at color palettes in what is trending. So you don’t have to worry about the latest trends that 15 and 20-year-olds are doing. But you can worry about what color trends are working, what is more, popular now to keep your wardrobe refreshed with the style that you already have built. This is a great way to keep your wardrobe refreshed. Keep it in style without having to actually follow trends, if that makes sense.